07 Oct Top Facts about Metal Musicians
Heavy metal music is a rock genre music which was developed in the 1960s and the 1970s. Some of the very first metal bands are Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath. Many people feel that heavy metal is just some music which is very harsh and has no specific tone or sound. But, if you are a listener of this genre you will know that heavy metal music derives its roots from different genres like the blues, punk rock, acid rock, etc. The metal band songs usually have an increased level of distortion and extended guitar solos. Some of the guitar solos are so good that you will fall in love with the music. It is not always harsh and loud as many people believe it to be. The heavy metal music itself has many sub-genres from which each heavy metal band is based.
Sometimes all the heavy metal musicians are believed to be evil and dark since they make music which is heavy and loud. It is not the same in all the cases; many heavy metal musicians are such a child at heart; they may look very dull and rough on the outside but will have a child-like character.
There are a lot of fun facts about these metal musicians. The following are some of the facts about metal musicians:
- Led Zeppelin had to perform with the name Nobs’ as the grand-daughter of the inventor of Zeppelin airships had the name, Eva von Zeppelin. They threatened to sue Led Zeppelin if he used his name to perform in his concert. The Zeppelin airships owners felt that Led Zeppelin would be tarnishing the family name and they did not allow him to use his name.
- Tony Iommi, who is popularly known as the guitarist for Black Sabbath blew up Richard Branson’s prize carp in the year 1983 while they were in the recording studio. Tony Iommi also had launched fireworks into the private lake of Richard by accident and had killed some of the fishes in the lake.
- Fred Dust who is the lead singer of Limp Bizkit band had previously worked in a tattoo parlor, and one of his customers were Fieldy who was the bassist of the band Korn.
- The band member of Iced Earth, Matt Barlow was a policeman before he joined the group and when the 9/11 attacks happened, he quit the band and again started his career as police. He said he wanted to be in the real world and save people instead of living under the illusion of being a rock star.
- The drummer of Dream Theatre is also a software developer who studied and worked under the program that showed the links between human brain and the human body. The drummer had graduated from the Bentley University and majored in computer science.
- We all know James Hetfield as the lead singer of Metallica, but do you know that he has a car which can withstand any nuclear blast and earthquakes.